CHEN Hao, PhD, Assistant Professor, received his BS degree in Biology from Wuhan University in 2008 and PhD degree in Molecular Biology & Disease Proteomics from the Fudan University in 2013. Dr. Chen completed his postdoctoral training in Boston Children's Hospital at the Harvard Medical School in 2019. He has published 16 research articles(average Impact Factor: 17.06) on top journals of the epigenetic field, including Nature, Cell Research, PNAS and JBC. His research interests are investigation of epigenetic mechanisms in human disease and identification of novel epigenetic modifications and modulators.
1. Xing,M.#, Liu, Q.#, Mao, C., Zeng, H., Zhang, X., Zhao, S., Chen, L., Liu, M., Shen, B., Guo, X.,Ma,H.*, Chen, H.*,and Zhang, J.*. The 18S rRNA m6A methyltransferase regulates mouse embryonic stem cell differentiation. EMBO Reports. (2020) e49863 ( *co-corresponding author)
2. Chen, H.#, Gu, L.#, Orellana, E., Wang, Y., Guo, J., Liu, Q., Gregory, R., Xing, Y., Shi, Y. (2020). METTL4 is an m6Am methyltransferase that regulates RNA splicing. Cell Research. doi:10.1038 /s41422-019-0270-4 (#co-first author, F1000 recommended)
3. Chen, H., Shi, Z., Guo, J., Chang, K., Chen, Q., Yao, C., Haigis,M., Shi, Y. (2020). The human mitochondrial 12S rRNA m4C methyltransferase METTL15 is required for proper mitochondrial function. Journal of Biological Chemistry. jbc. RA119. 012127
4. Gu, L.#,Wang, L.#, Chen, H.#, Hong, J.#, Shen, Z., Dhall, A., Lao, T., . . . Wu, H., Shi, Y. (2020). CG14906 (mettl4) mediates m6A methylation of U2 snRNA in Drosophila. Cell Discovery (#co-first author)
5. Chen, H.#, Liu, Q.#, Yu, D., Natchiar, K., Zhou, C., Hsu, C.-h., Hsu, P.-H., Zhang, X., Klaholz, B., Gregory, R. and Shi, Y. (2020) METTL5, an 18S rRNA-specific m6A methyltransferase, modulates expression of stress response genes. bioRxiv. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.04.27.064162 (#co-first author)
6. Chen, H., Yu, D., Fang, R., Rabidou, K., Wu, D., Hu, D., . . Shi, Y. G. (2019). TET2 stabilization by 14-3-3 binding to the phosphorylated Serine 99 is deregulated by mutations in cancer. Cell Research. 29, 248–250.
7. Wu, D.#, Hu, D.#, Chen, H.#, Shi, G.#, Fetahu, I. S., Wu, F., . . . Shi, Y. G. (2018). Glucose-regulated phosphorylation of TET2 by AMPK reveals a pathway linking diabetes to cancer. Nature. 559(7715), 637-641. (#co-first author，Commented by Nature Review Cancer etc.)
8. Sendinc, E., Valle-Garcia, D., Dhall, A., Chen, H., Henriques, T., Navarrete-Perea, J., Sheng, W., Gygi, S., Adelman, K., Shi, Y.(2019). PCIF1 catalyzes m6Am mRNA methylation to regulate gene expression. Molecular Cell.
9. Ma, H., Wang, X., Cai, J., Dai, Q., Natchiar, S. K., Lv, R., . . Chen, H., . . He,C. (2019). N6-Methyladenosine methyltransferase ZCCHC4 mediates ribosomal RNA methylation. Nature Chemical Biology. 15(1), 88.
10.Lee, Y., Chen, M., Lee, J., Zhang, J., Lin, S., Fu, T., Chen, H., Ishikawa, T., Chiang, S., Katon, J., .... Wei W., Pandolfi P.(2019). Reactivation of PTEN tumor suppressor for cancer treatment through inhibition of a MYC-WWP1 inhibitory pathway. Science. 364,6441